THE RALEIGH TWENTY

Your ever-expanding web resource for the Raleigh Twenty
and other classic small-wheel bicycles.

Forums

Forum Home > New Members > Tinkering Twenty's?

Hajem

Hi, just ended up as a Twenty member, albeit without Twenty yet:roll:

became heavily interested in Twenty design after my search for SA-8 hub reviews brought me (once again) at Sheldon Brown's page.

looking forward to giving an orphaned frame a new life.

One thing I probably share with many Twenty members is the love for reading and studying about bikes, smelling the oil and grease, and off course riding them. I guess tinkering has taken the place of gluing Airfix and Matchbox model planes together, which I used to do when I was a boy.

Cheers, Henk

--

February 13, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kingpin

HI Henk

Plenty of 20s (& derivatives) on ebay.co.uk - you might be able to sweet talk someone in to sending one overseas buy courier especially if you offer to arrange teh collection. I visit Eindhoven a couple of time a year but sometimes I already have a car full plus I'm not sure how much more of my 'junk' my wife will put up with - even if it's transitionary. Keep in touch though.

Cheers

james

February 14, 2017 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hajem

Hi James, thanks for the reply. As for the moment I'm a bit uncertain about shipping costs UK-NL (seem to be higher than the reverse), the kind of arrangement you mention could just be the ideal solution. Some planning ahead of course. If you visit Eindhoven a couple of times a year sounds promising. That said, without taking your proposal directly as a promise, let's keep in touch to see if things can work out practically

Regards, Henk

--

February 14, 2017 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kingpin

Hi Henk

Indeed - all in the planning! A frame will be much easier than a whole bike of course - next trip over is early April but not sure quite where in NL yet.

Cheers

James

February 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.